Pressure Cooker Explosion Burns 2-Year-Old Girl

A 2-year-old girl was severely burned when a pressure cooker exploded on Halloween night at her family’s home in Virginia.

The girl, Addie Mae Davis, was hit by an explosion of boiling-hot food and liquid when the pressure cooker malfunctioned without warning.

The girl’s mother was using the pressure cooker to make chicken for dinner. She vented it and came back 30 minutes later.

According to the girl’s grandfather, “It gave the all of the indications that it was vented and ready to be opened. As soon as it was opened, it just blew up.”

Addie was burned on her face and body (1st, 2nd and 3rd degree) and was hospitalized in Richmond, Virginia at the VCU Burn Unit for Pediatric Intensive Care. There, she endured painful daily wound debridement and other exhausting treatments.

The girl’s mother was also burned on her chest, but refused to undergo treatment so she could stay by her daughter’s side.

The family did not have health insurance at the time of the accident. Facing enormous medical bills, the girl’s grandparents set up a GoFundMe to raise money to pay for Addie’s treatment.

Contact Us for a FREE Case Review

Our lawyers are now accepting potential lawsuits for victims of pressure cookers. Please fill out the form below to find out more about your legal rights or call us toll free 24 hrs/day by dialing: (866) 588-0600.