July 12, 2023 — A pressure cooker lawsuit has been filed by a man who was burned by hot food that exploded all over his body when he opened the lid.
The plaintiff is a resident of Hahira, Georgia, who was burned by a Chef’s Mark® 10-Quart Electric Pressure Cooker (Model Number CYD-100-V) on or about July 25, 2021.
According to his lawsuit, the pressure cooker was “unreasonably dangerous” because the safety features failed to lock the lid until all of the pressure had been released and it was safe to open.
Instead, he was able to easily twist open the lid, which caused the “scalding hot contents to be forcefully ejected from the pressure cooker,” his lawsuit states.
The Minnesota-based manufacturer, Bluestem Brands (doing business as Fingerhut), are accused of negligence for selling a defective product and failing to issue a recall.
He is seeking compensation for damages, including pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, decreased quality of life, and more.
The pressure cooker lawsuit was filed on July 3, 2023 in the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota — Case Number 0:23-cv-02019.